- Utility Billing
Utility Billing is a division of the Village's Finance Department and is responsible for invoicing residents for water usage, sanitary sewer maintenance, and garbage service monthly. This division is also responsible for investigating and resolving customer concerns regarding utility bills and the reporting of service or equipment problems.
The Village of Montgomery sewer maintenance charge is for the maintenance of the physical sewer lines that run through the infrastructure. This charge will fluctuate based on your usage. Fox Metro Water Reclamation District (Fox Metro) is a public utility responsible for the treatment of wastewater, most often generated from the use of toilets, sinks, bathing, dishes, and laundry). Fox Metro treats this water. You will receive a separate bill from Fox Metro every other month based on your water usage.
All residential and commercial customers should receive a bill monthly via email or postal service based on their billing preferences. Payment is due on or before the 20th of each month. A 10% late fee will apply if the payment processes after that date. View 2021-2025 Water Rate Sheet.
To obtain a Final Water Bill for the purpose of transfer of property either owner or renter-occupied, please click the following link: Final Utility Bill (Closings/Tenants). Requests for final bills must be submitted at least three full business days in advance.
Please get in touch with our staff or partner organizations based on the nature of your inquiry.
BILLING | Finance Department | email@example.com | 630-896-1357
WATER QUALITY | Public Works Department | 630-896-9241
REFUSE OR RECYCLING SERVICE ISSUES | LRS Recycling | 844-633-3577 or 844-NEED-LRS
SEWER & WASTEWATER TREATMENT | Fox Metro | 630-301-6881
- Direct Debit (ACH): To register for the direct debit program, please complete the direct debit application and mail it in with a voided check. The Village will automatically withdraw your monthly utility bill from your checking account on the due date (the 20th of each month). Signing up for Direct Debit will ensure the timeliness of your payment and eliminate any late fees.
- Pay by Mail: Village of Montgomery, PO Box 30087, Omaha, NE 68103
- Pay by Phone: (877) 885-7968. Please note that a $2 convenience fee applies to all credit/debit card payments. Phone assistance is available in English and Spanish.
- Pay or View Bills Online: Click on the E-Pay button on the lower right-hand side of the home page.
- View your utility bill online
- View the amount you owe online or on the payment app
- Pay from your checking or savings account ($2.00 convenience fee is applicable)
- Pay by credit or debit card ($2.00 convenience fee is applicable)
- Pay immediately, schedule a payment or set up automatic recurring payments ($2.00 convenience fee applies to each payment)
- Print bills and receipts by going online
- Stop receiving paper bills, and receive an email each time a new account is ready for viewing
- Pay in Person at Local Banks:
- Bank of Montgomery, 1333 Douglas Road, Montgomery IL 60538
- Old Second National Bank, 1200 Douglas Road, Oswego IL 60543
- Pay in Person at Village Hall
- Open Monday-Friday 8A-4:30P
- Pay by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. Please note that a $2 convenience fee will apply to all credit/debit card payments.
- A dropbox is located behind Village Hall and is accessible for after-hours payments marked "WATER BILLS" and located along the circle drive on the Main Street side of the building. We do not suggest dropping cash payments in this location.