The Montgomery Police Department provides protection and policing services to more than 20,000 residents and businesses within the Village limits. Our department strives daily to provide exceptional public service, demonstrate community pride, and maintain public safety.
Our primary role is to prevent crime and enforce laws against those who fail to follow them. In addition, the Montgomery Police Department strives to make Montgomery a community where residents can feel safe and enjoy a high quality of life.
In 2005, the Montgomery Police Department moved to its current location on the Civic Center campus. The Montgomery Police Department has a state-of-the-art indoor shooting range that officers use for training. There is also a physical fitness center, community/training room, and housing for prisoners. The Community Room is available for use by government and community organizations only. To request use of the space, please fill out a Room Reservation Request Form (PDF). Requests can be sent via email.
The Village of Montgomery Police Department is committed to providing exceptional public service by protecting citizens' life, liberty, and property. In addition, we strive to build community partnerships that preserve public trust, foster mutual respect, and enhance the quality of life for all.
Members of the Montgomery Police Department are committed to our citizens and each other. We will:
- Be courteous. On all occasions, we will be polite and considerate toward all public members and each other.
- Be honest. We will base our integrity on truthfulness and tell the truth on all records, statements, and testimony.
- Respect diversity. We will treat the public and each other equally, regardless of sex, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or national origin.
- Emphasize integrity. We will be honest, morally upright, and sincere in using the power and authority given to us.
- Foster cooperation. We will help each other succeed by assisting each other at every opportunity by following the law's highest standards and best practices.
- Public Service
- Policies and Procedures
- Community Orientated
- Harmonious Work Environment
- High Quality of Life