When should I call 9-1-1?

For any emergency, request a police officer, firefighter or paramedic to be dispatched to a location. If the call is merely to ask for information, or to talk with a certain police officer or fire officer, it is better to use that department’s administrative phone number. The administrative phone numbers are as follows: 

  • Montgomery Police Department (630)897-8707 
  • Bristol Kendall Fire Department (630)553-6186 
  • Oswego Fire Department (630)554-2110 
  • Aurora Township Fire Department (630)898-3222 
  • Sugar Grove Fire Department (630)466-4513 
  • Montgomery Countryside Fire (630)897-0622

Show All Answers

1. I was in an accident, how do I get a copy of my report?
2. How do I pay a ticket?
3. What is the Village of Montgomery curfew for juveniles?
4. How do I contact animal control?
5. How do I request a copy of a police report?
6. Sometimes I see something that I would consider "suspicious," but I don't want to bother the Police Department. . .What should I do?
7. When should I call 9-1-1?