Plan Commission members are appointed by the Village President, subject to the approval of the Village Board. Current members are:
Mike Hammond (Term Expires January 31, 2024)
Patrick Kelsey (Term Expires January 31, 2024)
Marion Bond (Term Expires January 31, 2025)
Joe Yen (Term Expires January 31, 2023)
Mildred McNeal-James (Term Expires January 31, 2021)
Tom Yakaitis (Term Expires January 31, 2022)
All meetings are open to the public. Meetings are generally held at 7 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month in the Board Room at the Village Hall. Meeting agendas and Public Notices of these and any additional Plan Commission meetings will be posted at the Village Hall at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Plan Commission Duties
The Plan Commission was created to provide guidance, direction and control of the growth and development or redevelopment of the Village and contiguous territory. Duties of the Plan Commission include: 1. Prepare and recommend to the Board of Trustee a Comprehensive Plan for the present and future development or redevelopment of the Village and contiguous unincorporated territory, including reasonable standards of design for subdivisions and for resubdivisions of unimproved land.
2. Designate land suitable for annexation to the municipality and recommend a zoning classification for such land upon annexation.
3. Recommend to the Board of Trustees such changes and/or improvements in the Comprehensive Plan as may be deemed necessary.
4. Aid Village officials charged with the direction of projects for improvements embraced within the official Comprehensive Plan, to further the making of such improvements and to promote the realization of the Comprehensive Plan.
5. Arrange and conduct any form of publicity relative to its activities for the general purpose of public understanding.
6. Cooperate with municipal or regional planning commissions and other agencies or groups to further the local planning program and assure harmonious and integrated planning for the area.